Monday 4 January 2010

When you just know

You know that moment when you just know you'll be with someone forever? Maybe you don't. I was cynical before I met you but you changed all that. There was a moment when I just knew I had to have you, it made no sense at all.

You weren't my type, at all. Anyone who knew us who reads this will be laughing now I'm sure but I soon realised you were perfect for me, we were perfect for each other.

You were a butcher, much older than me but I wasn't sure how much. In fact it took me quite a while to work that bit out. Christmas was approaching, 2004, you'd caught my eye in the summer.

You used to say that you'd hate to be remembered as a womaniser, it was a title you didn't think fitted you. I don't know why you worried but you used to say you had never chased a woman in your life. At that I'd laugh, you never needed to as far as I could see.

I came in to get my Christmas meat, one of the lads had mistletoe, much laughing and cheek kissing ensued and then suddenly you were in front of me. Earring in, Christmas hat on, collars turned up, laughing. You kissed me, square on the lips, a long lingering kiss. All the boys in the shop were whistling and as suddenly as you kissed me, you stopped, smiled and walked off.

I was and still am absolutely blown away by that moment, I fell in love with you on the very spot.

I'm smiling and laughing at the memory of that Christmas, the knot in my chest like a physical pain.

Is this a normal way to feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment