Sunday 11 October 2009

Tomorrow

When you're a child, all that matters is tomorrow. Tomorrow I start school, tomorrow it's the school play, tomorrow it's Christmas, tomorrow I'm going to a party, tomorrow I go up to big school, tomorrow I'm going to see a band, tomorrow I'm going to the pictures with my boyfriend, tomorrow it's my birthday. That's the stages the children are in.

Now we find ourselves living in the same way. Let's have a break before we go for the results. Our friends made some dreams come true before the chemo started, let's have a couple of days away between chemo sessions, let's have a weekend with friends.

We are like children again, living for the next thing and not looking beyond. Is that a bad thing? probably not and we'll stick with it for now.

Acting like a child, not a bad thing surely.

Is this a normal way to feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment